Back to Services   
This list is prepared by the Ministry of Labour.
1) a) Persons going abroad in managerial capacity in Hotels/Restaurants, Tea-Houses or other places of Public resort etc. possessing specialised Degrees in these fields.
    b) All gazetted Government servants.
    c) All Income-Tax payers (including Agricultural Income-Tax Payees) in their individual capacity. Proof of assessment to Income-Tax and actual payment of income tax for last three years to be insisted upon, and not merely payment of advance tax. However, in most cases as an assessment order is not issued separately by the Income Tax Deptt., Income Tax Return which are stamped by Income Tax Authoriy can be accepted.
    d) All professional Degree holders, such as Doctors holding M.B.B.S Degree in Ayurved, or Homeopathy, accredited Journalists, Engineers, Chartered Accountants, Cost Accountants, Lecturers, Teachers, Scientists, Advocates, etc.
    e) Spouses and dependent children upto the age of 24 years of category of persons listed from (b) to (d).
    f) All persons who have been staying abroad for more than 3 years (the period of the  3 years could be either at a stretch or broken), and spouses and children upto the age of 24 years of such persons. An affidavit to this effect is required to be submitted.
    g) Seamen who are in possession of CDC or Sea Cadets.
        Deck Cadets:
        i) who have passed final examination of 3 year B.Sc. Nautical Sciences Courses at T.S. Chanakya, Mumbai; and
        ii) who have undergone 3 months Pre-Sea training at any of the Government approved Training Institutes such as T.S.Chanakya, T.S.Rehman, T.S.Jawahar, MTI (SCI) and NIPM, Chennai, after production of Identity cards issued by the Shipping Master, Mumbai/Calcutta/Chennai.
    h) All holders of Diplomatic/Official Passports.
     i) Dependent children of parents whose passports are classified as E.C.N.R. In the case of such children E.C.N.R. classification to be restricted until they attain 24 years of age.
     j) Persons holding Permanent Emigration Visas, such as the visas of UK, USA and Australia.
     k) Persons holding graduate or higher degrees. (If final certificate not available, provisional certificate plus marksheet to be attached).
    l) Persons holding 3 years Diploma equivalent to degree from recognised Institution like polytechnics.
    m) Nurses possessing qualifications recognised under the Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947.
    n) All persons above the age of 60 years.
        i) No emigration clearance is required for visiting Bangladesh, Pakistan and all countries in Europe (excluding CIS states), North America, Australia, Japan and New Zealand.
       ii) No emigration clearance is required for persons possessing certificates of vocational training from Government/Government recognised institutions.

In case an individual is not able to fulfill the requirements from Office of Protector of Emmigrant under Ministry of Labour, then the following are the criteria:-
a) If the individual is going for short visit or travelling abroad strictly not for employment, then he has to produce  -  air ticket, visa, proof of  funds for his support abroad by way of forex/letter of support from friends/relatives abroad. On this basis he may be granted a temporary emmigration check requirement suspension (ECRS) for that particular visit.
b) In case travelling for employment he requires to have an employment contract (from Foreign Employer duely attested by Indian embassy abroad), visa, ticket and is required to pay a security deposit amount = one way ticket fare , then he will be granted emmigration check not required to that particular country only.
                                                                                                         Back to Services

All Rights Reserved 2002